In February, the castle is open every Friday, Saturday and Sunday. The interiors of the castle and museum (except for the Vlček's Tower) are tempered, but dress warmly - it is usually no more than 10 °C inside.
At a time when the castles are usually asleep, the most interesting places of the Upper Castle and Middle Ages summer tours are ready to be visited.
Is Vimperk a castle or a chateau? How did the Renaissance get to the foothill town in Šumava?
Take a guided tour to the oldest preserved part of the castle - the Vlček Tower, to learn how the castle in Vimperk was built. Discover together how it was transformed into a Renaissance chateau during the dramatic period of the Thirty Years' War in Šumava. Admire the beautiful painted wooden ceiling under which the defenders of the castle fled during the conquest in 1619 and listen to the story of the family Novohradský from Kolovraty.
The tour is heated – the temperature in the rooms reaches a maximum of about 10 °C (with the exception of the Vlček Tower, which cannot be heated).
The tour is only possible with a guide.
|2. 1.-31. 3.||fri–sun||10.00 – 10.00|
In the period January–March there is always one tour on the opening days, from 10:00. It is followed by the opening hours of the Vimperk Museum.
- Category Price
- Regular 180 CZK
- Reduced (youth 18–24 years old, seniors older than 65 years) 140 CZK
- Children 6–17 years 50 CZK
- Children 0–5 years free
- Teacher supervision (1 person per 15 children) free
- Guide accompanying a group of at least 15 persons free
- ICOMOS card (only for a card holder) free
- Special cards and tickets issued by the National Heritage Institute or Ministry of Culture Czech Republic free
- More detailed information about discounts will be provided at the ticket office or by phone.